About IBEW 488 : The Western CT Electricians
Our Mission :
IBEW Local 488, Bridgeport, received its charter April 1, 1913, with nineteen original members. With Sikorsky Aircraft, Remington Arms and Avco Lycoming in our jurisdiction we quickly grew to meet the defense needs of our nation.
In 1969 we merged with Danbury Local 525, in 1981 with Waterbury Local 660 and again in 2009 with Norwalk Local 208 to increase our jurisdictional area to include most of northwestern and southwestern Connecticut. Please visit our jurisdiction map to view the cities and town serviced by Local 488.
As technologies expand and industries transform, Local 488 is driven to continue providing a proven and skilled work force in Western Connecticut. Local 488 also continues to work with state and local officials to meet the needs of our communities with new schools and public service facilities equipped for the 21st Century.
In 2012 Local 488 opened it’s new headquarters and training facility in Monroe, Connecticut. Through our apprenticeships and continuing education programs we will be ready to meet new technology needs and challenges that lie ahead with the best skilled craftsmen for the electrical industry. Please contact us with your questions!
Daniel W. McInerney, Business Manager on Behalf of IBEW Local 488