IBEW 488 : Our Mission
Welcome to our site! , received its charter April 1, 1913, with eighteen original members. With Sikorsky Aircraft, Remington Arms and Avco Lycoming in our jurisdiction we quickly grew to meet the defense needs of our nation.
In 1969 we merged with Danbury Local 525, in 1981 with Waterbury Local 660 and again in 2009 with Norwalk Local 208 to increase our jurisdictional area to include most of northwestern and southwestern Connecticut. Please visit our jurisdiction map to view the cities and town serviced by Local 488.
With the decline of the defense industry in Connecticut, Local 488 has been working with state and local officials to meet the needs of our communities with new schools and public service facilities equipped for the 21st Century.
Through our apprentice and continuing education programs we will be ready to meet the new technology needs and challenges that lie ahead with the best skilled craftsmen for the electrical industry. PLease contact us with your questions!
Peter Carroll, Business Manager on Behalf of IBEW Local 488
IBEW 488 News
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK TO LEARN HOW EASY IT CAN BE TO BRING JOBS BACK TO AMERICA
Save our jobs— Stop Fast Track NOW!
Tell Congress that America needs jobs, not bad trade policy.
What is Fast Track?
How will it hurt working families?
What can you do? TAKE ACTION!
• A process used to negotiate 2,000+ page trade deals, written by corporations to sidestep our democracy
• Unnecessary legislation that will pave the way for trade deals like the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
• Fast Track will let the president negotiate trade deals behind closed doors and force Congress to vote
on those deals without making any changes or amendments
• It will mean our elected representatives in Congress give up their authority to review and amend trade
deals, which removes any chance of improving deals that hurt American workers
• Fast Track will ship American jobs overseas
• Fast Track will drive down wages
• Fast Track will stack the deck AGAINST the middle class and FOR corporations
• Fast Track will destroy our system of checks and balances and give a blank check to the executive
• Call Congress at 1-855-712-8441 and tell them to put the brakes on Fast Track RIGHT NOW!
• If your representatives are FOR Fast Track or UNDECIDED about Fast Track, tell them you and your
members are constituents who oppose Fast Track
• If your representatives are AGAINST Fast Track, make sure you thank them for their support
CALL CONGRESS NOW AND TELL THEM TO SAY NO TO FAST TRACK
Govenor Dannel Malloy recently met with IBEW Local 488 Business Manager, Peter Carroll, to discuss the job situation in Fairfield County. More photos under Members section.